As we move towards Spring it's the perfect time to give your car some careful attention.
The harsh conditions and cold temperatures of Winter can take a significant toll on our cars. From the undercarriage being battered by road salt through to the engine that's worked hard in the frost.
No matter whether you're a seasoned car enthusiast or just a casual driver, this article will have something for you.
Assessing the impact of Winter on your car
The colder months bring challenging driving conditions, which will leave it's effects on our cars. Understanding these impacts is the first step on preparing your car for the brighter and hopefully warmer Spring.
How Winter impacts your car
Winter brings a host of challenges for any vehicle. Road salt is used extensively to compact ice and snow and whilst it keeps roads safe, it can wreak havoc on our cars. The salt will attract moisture which can promote rust and corrosion.
The cold also puts a strain on the engine and battery and general road grime can obscure exterior car lights.
A spring check is essential
As the seasons change we recommend giving your car a good inspection. This includes checking for signs of rust or corrosion, especially in areas where salt and moisture can accumulate.
You should evaluate your battery's health and inspect tyres. The weather in Spring should generally be better, but it can also be unpredictable so solving any wear and tear now could be critical to safe driving.
This inspection should form the work you need to do to get your car ready for Spring. You should also be able to find a specific product from the 303 and Sta-Bil range that will be effective.
Exterior car care with 303 products
The start of Spring is the perfect opportunity to rejuvenate your car's appearance and protect it from ongoing challenges. With 303 car exterior cleaning products you can ensure your car not only looks great but also receives the protection it deserves.
Washing away Winter
Begin liberating your car from Winter with 303 Car Wash. It's gentle yet highly effective formula will cut through tough salt and grime without harming the surface or stripping away existing protection.
Below is a quick washing guide, but we've also got a more comprehensive car wash guide in an early article.
- Thoroughly rinse your car to remove the loose dirt and grime
- Mix your 303 Car Wash in your wash bucket
- Use a quality car wash mitt to gently wash the surface. Start from the top of the car and work downwards.
- Pay special attention to the underside of your car and wheel arches. This is where salt and grime will accumulate most.
- Rinse again ensuring the surface is clean of soap suds
The process will not only clean the car it will also prepare the surface for further protection.
Protecting the paint
Once you have a clean surface it's time to protect the paint, and 303 Touchless Sealant is the perfect product.
Unlike many traditional waxes or sealants, 303 Touchless Sealant is incredibly easy to apply. It offers excellent protection from UV rays and prevents the paint fading. Couple that with the long last effects, and you've got an ideal springtime treatment for your car.
Here's a quick guide on how to use it:
- After washing your car leave the surface wet and spray the product onto all external surfaces. Including paint, glass and wheels. The water will help distribute it evenly.
- Use a clean and damp microfiber towel to spread Touchless Sealant over the surface.
- When everything has been coated, thoroughly rinse your car with clean water. Water beading should occur almost immediately.
- Finally complete your wash by drying your vehicle. You should instantly notice an enhanced shine.
Application every 3 months throughout the Spring and Summer will no only keep your car looking vibrant, it will also safeguard it against the elements.
Give the interior a refresh
The Spring isn't just a good time to give the exterior of your car some attention, it's also prime time to clean the interior.
During the winter your interior can accumulate dirt, debris and unpleasant odors. 303 interior car cleaning products are here to help you breathe fresh life into your car.
Cleaning the interior
Start your interior clean with 303 Interior Cleaner. The is a highly versatile product that's perfect for cleaning a range of surfaces including upholstery, carpets and plastics.
Here's a quick guide on getting the best results:
- Give the inside of your car a thorough hoover to remove loose dirt
- Spray the multi purpose cleaner onto a microfiber cloth. Spraying directly onto the surface can be more effective for tougher dirt
- Gently scrub the surface to lift the dirt and stains
- Wipe away the residue with a clean and damp cloth. Ensure non of the product is left behind
The product won't only effectively clean but will also help maintain the integritry of your interior surfaces.
Conditioning and protecting your interior
It's important that after a good clean you protect your interior surfaces. This will also make regular cleaning far easier. Look no further than 303 Aerospace Protectant for this task.
It's fantastic at protecting areas exposed to sunlight such as dashboards and door panels.
Apply it using these simple steps:
- Spray the product onto a clean microfiber cloth
- Gently apply it to vinyl, plastic and leather surfaces
- Allow it sit on the surface for a few moments to allow it to penetrate the fibers
- Buff off with a dry microfiber towel
Engine and fuel system care with Sta-Bil
Now you have a clean car it's time to turn your attention to the engine and fuel system. With Sta-Bil products you can ensure both are in great condition for the warmer months ahead.
Fuel system maintenance
The fuel system is often neglected but it's an essential part of keeping your engine running smoothly. Keep your fuel system clear and running efficiently with Sta-Bil Fuel Stablizer.
Learn more about the use of fuel stabilizer in our great article but below is quick guide:
- Add fuel stabilizer to your fuel tank before you fill up - ensure you use the recommended ratios listed on the product
- Run your engine for a few minutes to circulate the product through the system
This process not only cleans the system but also protects against fuel degradation, especially if your car hasn't been used much during the Winter.
Don't forget the tyres and undercarriage
The tyres and undercarriage bear the brunt of Wintery conditions and are important to your car's performance and general safety.
Check the tyre tread
Start by checking the tread depth to ensure they are still above the legal limit. Also using this as an opportunity to check for damage or signs of wear. Damage could be in the form of cuts or bulges. These can significantly undermine the tyre's integrity and your safety on the road.
Tyre and wheel cleaning
After a visual inspection, it's time to give your tyres and wheels a clean, and 303 Wheel and Tyre Cleaner is the perfect product for this.
It's been engineered to remove brake dust, road tar and grime with ease and restore the look of your tyres and wheels. Spray it evenly on the surface and let it sit for a few moments to break down the dirt. Then scrub it off with a soft brush before rinsing.
Ensure your car is prepared for the Spring
These cleaning and maintenance tasks not only enhance your car's appearance but they also prolong the lifespan. A little car can go a long way, and with 303 and Sta-Bil, you're equipped to give your car the TLC is deserves after a long Winter.